ISO 27002 Compliance Program
The road map to comprehensive and cost-effective security
SystemExperts’s ISO 27002 Compliance Program is a structured methodology designed to help companies build comprehensive and cost-effective enterprise security programs, ensuring that security resources are applied wisely and efforts are focused on activities that will reduce real business risk.
ISO 27002 provides an effective framework for organizing security activities and ensuring that critical resources are identified, risks are understood, appropriate policies exist, and administrative and technical controls are in place. This framework can serve not only as an effective way to build and maintain a security program, but also provide the elements necessary to achieve compliance with the growing set of regulatory requirements in contracts like the Payment Card Data Security Standard and state and federal regulations like the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act, Gramm Leach Bliley, MA 201 CMR 17, and Nevada 603a.
The ISO 27000 series of standards also provides an excellent mechanism for assessment and communication of good security practice. Contracts as well as state and federal regulations require organizations to ensure that business associates adequately secure the protected information that they are entrusted with. ISO 27002 provides an objective benchmark to measure the security of potential business partners and for service providers to distinguish the quality of their own services.
To learn more, view our ISO 2700X compliance white paper.
SystemExperts’ ISO 27002 Compliance Program provides the following:
- Encourages organizations to develop a security program that integrates business and technology
- Helps to identify and prioritize specific tasks to improve security and achieve compliance
- Focuses on activities that reduce real business risk
- Positions companies to meet the security requirements of Sarbanes Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, HIPAA, PCI, and other pertinent regulations
- Improves cross-functional (e.g. Legal, HR, lines of business) cooperation on security matters
- Identifies deficiencies in security areas that are often overlooked
- Encourages organizations to develop a balanced view of security that includes secure business processes, well designed policies, and appropriate use of technology
- Communicates to prospective customers, business partners, board members, employees, and regulators that the organization has a comprehensive security program in place
Request Your Consultation on our ISO 27002 Compliance Services
Contact SystemExperts to get started with our ISO 27002 compliance program.